Monday, April 13, 2009

Am gonna plant Coreopsis verticillata 'Moonbeam'.It's been recommended 2 add sulfer soil to the planting hole?

To save myself a trip and another random product I may just use my Azalea feed which has sulpher in it...scatter it on the top.Would u give it a shot and risk it or just go buy the flippin sulpher soil I%26#039;m never gonna use again?

Am gonna plant Coreopsis verticillata %26#039;Moonbeam%26#039;.It%26#039;s been recommended 2 add sulfer soil to the planting hole?
Coreopsis verticillata is adaptable to a wide range of pH (6.1 to 7.8). You should not need sulfur unless a soil test has shown that you are outside the preferred range of this plant. Also, Moonbeam is tolerant of poor soils. Use of fertilizers on coreposis can result in leggy, spindly plants. One additional point of note, %26#039;Moonbeam%26#039; is short lived (2-3 yrs.) in the garden. Its seeds are sterile and this plant will fade from your garden. I love the color of %26#039;Moonbeam%26#039;, but you will fine that %26#039;Zagreb%26#039; is a much longer lived cultivar of Coreopsis verticillata in the urban garden.
Reply:Coreopsis doesn%26#039;t need anything special to do well. I have it in my garden beds and I don%26#039;t do anything special to it at all. Coreopsis is basically a wild flower that will grow in just about any soil.



skin color charts

No comments:

Post a Comment