Monday, April 13, 2009

Pancreatitis in Dogs (my puppy's count is 798?!)?

My 10 month old Jack Russell Terrier is very sick. Her initial symptoms were vomiting and bloody diarrhea, she tested negative for parvo at emergency vet%26#039;s (Monday), they gave her antibiotics and anti nausea injections. Took her to regular vet (Tuesday AM), she was put on bland diet (rice, potatoes, etc) and continued vomiting. Yesterday (Wednesday AM) she was extremely dehydrated so we took her back to vet, put her on IV and did bloodwork.


Her Pancreatic enzymes(?) were 798 and her WBC is very very low.


I know she ate a lot of Easter scraps, but I don%26#039;t think that explains why she is so sick! Could she have been poisoned or injested something that could have done this to her?


We just planted an Encore Azalea and begonias, but I don%26#039;t think she ate any of it, but I really can%26#039;t say for certain.


The vet can%26#039;t explain her low white blood cell count, or why her pancreas count is so high! Can you help??

Pancreatitis in Dogs (my puppy%26#039;s count is 798?!)?
Does the dog drink a lot or urinate a lot? Did the vet check for diabetes? My dog%26#039;s count was over 1000 she was diagnosed a diabetic 3 yrs ago is on insulin and is well controlled. I%26#039;d have the vet do a glucose curve.



tax credit

No comments:

Post a Comment